one moment closer
Aug 27, 2002
Just another day of the week.

I watched Jaxon all day, and since its gorgeous outside, thats where we were all day. We went to McCollum and played on the swings and slides and all that stuff. Ha. Anyways, I enjoyed the walk there and back immensely, some quiet time... Jaxon was pointing out the butterflies and birds, and it just amazes me how smart he gets every day. He is such a little man.

Candace lost a bet at work, and so she had to make lasagna. She bet the shipment crew, minus Matt, that they couldn't get 7 credit cards in one week. If they did, then she made them lasagna. If they didn't, they had to detail her car. She lost, luckily for them, and me, haha, cuz she makes the best lasagna ever, and thats what I got to eat for lunch today. I don't have Old Navy at all today, how nice is that?! We have a new manager and I worked with her for the first time yesterday. I'm not sure yet what I think of her. She seems nice so far. Cross your fingers! The store was such a mess yesterday when we closed. It looked like some kind of hideous creature gobbled up our store and then threw the contents back up. Haha, lovely visual huh? I spent all this time folding a step fixture, and the customer saw me do this.. I walk away to start on something new, and she messed the whole thing up! ARGH, i was so mad!! She SAW me fold the whole thing. I was bitching to Dale about that. People can be so ignorant. I've never actually had someone do that to me before, just be that rude so blatently. It happens all the time to other employees, but it hadn't happened yet to me. I would never dream of doing that at a store! Even before I worked retail, I didn't trash their tables. And I always hung things back on the hanger after I tried them on. My mother would KILL me if I didn't when I was younger! I propose that everyone go shopping with their mother so they can get yelled at if they make a mess of my hard work. Oh well though. I think that when Timmy comes in we are going to go shopping at the State Street store, and then I can visit Karen too. I miss her as a GM. Actually, she was in my dream last night too, I think..

I keep having these dreams about work and then all the plans that we are making for this weekend. I'm worried that we aren't going to find a campsite or anywhere to stay, and thats manifesting itself in my dreams. This was a dream I had last night: I was at work, and Gladys was closing. We were supposed to be out at 10:30, but the store was atrocious. She was keeping us alot later, and I freaked out because Tim and I were leaving that night, and we had yet to find a campsite and drive up there and everything. Yeah, not the most exciting dream or even disturbing, but it shows just how worried I am about this.. and maybe it shows the fact that I practically live at the ON too.. hmmm.. haha.

Anyways, I am supposed to go out with Kristen tonight. She goes back to school on Friday. I got an email from some old ISU friends today and I was happy. =) I miss everyone down there. ANywaYs, I gotta go get some lemonade.. I am soo thirsty. Adios all...
posted by liz @ 6:40:00 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
::links
OBAMA yes, we can!
quiz only blog
Green Party
CommonDreams
Moveon.org
EnvironmentalDefense
Sierra Club
TomTomorrow
ExplodingDog
PostSecret
Ryan Adams
Answering Bell
Ozomatli
Chris Campbell
David Gray
Puerta del Sol
Madrid!







choose a color:

*gray* *blue* *gold* *green* *red** random