one moment closer
Jan 1, 2003
Hmmm...

Happy New Year!!!! I can't believe that it's already 2003. Seems like just yesterday......... hahahaha.

So... this is what I did... I worked all day long. Tammy closed, and she had just a few of us. She had myself, Kevin, Inga, (all on registers, except I had to close drawers so I wasn't really on registers.) Jinnah in the fitting room, and some kid Mark on the floor that never answers anyone's calls over the walkies. Now, what made me mad about last night's close is that you don't put a 'new'--Tammy isn't new to managing, she's been doing it for 14 years, but she has only been at our store and with Gap, Inc. for a few months. So she isn't seasoned or quick yet. And here I am, brand new FES, I haven't closed drawers by myself, I have always had Brian or Angie there when I have done it. So I don't know what I am doing. So you have 2 people to close drawers and do all that stuff, and one doesn't know what she's doing so she isn't a help at all, and the other knows what she is doing but she takes a longer time. Then you have 2 people on registers, and the store is absolutely packed, and the lines are miles long, but there is nothing we could do, because we were so short people.

argh i have to post this for now and add later cuz i have lots of stuff to do.. so i'll finish the story later.. all i have to say is that dale and jill are godsends. hehe.
posted by liz @ 1:13:00 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
::links
OBAMA yes, we can!
quiz only blog
Green Party
CommonDreams
Moveon.org
EnvironmentalDefense
Sierra Club
TomTomorrow
ExplodingDog
PostSecret
Ryan Adams
Answering Bell
Ozomatli
Chris Campbell
David Gray
Puerta del Sol
Madrid!







choose a color:

*gray* *blue* *gold* *green* *red** random