Today was good.
After work I went to Fridays with Jen and Dale.
I really connect with Jen. I feel like she understands me the best at work. We have a lot in common. She's a huge davehead too and used to post on the boards a bit. She took 10 days off 2 summers ago to take a road trip and follow the band around.. so she completely understands my obsession. I was telling her about my fear of going full time and not being able to get my days off for shows and all, which is the single most stupid reason ever for not going full time, but it's what I'm really concerned about. Not like I can go full time at my store anyways, cuz there isn't a position available. I mean, I could open my availability and work a lot of hours a week, but not get benefits and all, and that's what I need.
My future is just uncertain at this point. I really don't know what I'm going to be doing. There's gonna be a lot of changes soon. We shall see.
I need to rediscover myself and who I am and what I want to do. I've got some really good people in my life who always make me feel a million times more sure of myself when I am with them or when I talk to them, and for that I'm grateful.
I'm trying to start writing again. I keep telling myself that I've got to start doing it again, but it's hard to keep to it. I've been looking through a lot of my old stuff. It always used to help me sort things out, and it was something I really enjoyed. I encorporated a lot of hidden meaning into my pieces. I was reading a poem I had written in my creative writing class, and it was about a friendship at the time, but if you read it, you would have no idea. It was fun cuz the person was in my class, too, but they didn't know it had that double meaning about the friendship.
I'm babbling. Blah.
I'm just gonna post this for now. I've had it minimized for a good half an hour.