one moment closer
Feb 9, 2004



all the words I wish your fingers could feel


all the times I've wished
you could know
the silent sorrow
lying stiff in my throat
like cold
and broken teeth

I wish you could hear
the child that cries
in my flesh and makes
my bones ache

I wish you could speak to my fear

I wish you could hold me
in your arms like oceans
and soothe what my muscles remember
all the bruises, all the sour hope
all the screams and scraped knees
the cloudy days so dark
I wondered if my eyes
were even open

the days that I felt
like August, and that I, too,
would soon turn
to Fall


posted by liz @ 12:46:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
::links
OBAMA yes, we can!
quiz only blog
Green Party
CommonDreams
Moveon.org
EnvironmentalDefense
Sierra Club
TomTomorrow
ExplodingDog
PostSecret
Ryan Adams
Answering Bell
Ozomatli
Chris Campbell
David Gray
Puerta del Sol
Madrid!







choose a color:

*gray* *blue* *gold* *green* *red** random