Remember Seven Mary Three? They were a great band. I loved their album American Standard. It's kinda funny how you can just rediscover something that you completely forgot about and it's still so fucking good. Like silverchair. Or 7 Mary 3.
I love how music can transcend you to a time or place. Just one song can take you back to a specific moment that you have shelved in your memory. Maybe you had completely forgot about a moment and then you hear the song that was playing when it occured and your memory is jogged and the moment comes back so clearly. This happens to me all the time. And it's the reason why some music is so great to listen to because I sit around reminiscing about the last time I played the album or the person/people it makes me think of.
How the summer sun was beating down and we drove around with the windows open blasting No Woman No Cry in Lake Geneva. (Remember that summer L? That was the best weekend! Sleeping on the dock and picking up Ross Cole?!) Or the Shania Twain song blasting us out of our sleep on the bus in Spain. Or David Gray's White Ladder around the campfire on a beautiful summer night before the storm rolled in. Or how it also makes some things bittersweet to listen to. How Never is a Promise can bring me to tears. Or how Joe Satriani or Steve Vai can take me back to the days rolling around town in the Caddy.
I could go on forever. But this is one of the reasons why music is in every fiber of my being. Every memory I have. Every person has their own soundtrack in my life.