I had the most wonderful night tonight. Laura and I went to the Mad Potter and painted star boxes. We sat around and painted and talked about everything that's going on with us, and sang along to the songs that the high school girls who worked there had on. It was such a good time. I really needed that. It's been a very long and trying week--more than anyone will really ever understand. (I had the worst day of my life ever a couple of days ago. I have been emotionally exhausted since.) I'm just so glad all of my friends are around.
So Laura and I are going to take some sort of class somewhere. We're definitely going to take a knitting class through the park district! How fun! We'll be old ladies. heh. And make tons and tons of scarves and stuff. We each need some kind of outlet and weekly girl/fun time. Sometimes life just sucks the well, life, out of you. Working at Old Navy can't help, either.
Then we met up with Dale and went to Barnes and Noble where I got my planner for 2005, then we went to Chili's and got dessert. Where Laura nearly died because of some cardboard or something in her dessert. We can't ever go to that Chili's without some kind of incident. Sigh.
It was a really nice night.
I got a new phone this week! Tomorrow it shall be up and running. I'm so excited. My dinosaur was ready to kick the bucket. It didn't have a color screen or even polyphonic ringtones. I'm excited to get it workin. It takes pictures, too! OOOh fancy.
There's nearly a foot of snow outside.
I feel that 2005 is going to be a great year. Regardless of how it's started.
... It's gonna be a glorious day!
I feel my luck could change. ...