Tomorrow is my last day off until the following Wednesday. I really should do something about digging out my warm weather clothes and skirts and tops and consider packing. Because trying to cram everything (laundry, packing, errands) into the day before leaving on a trip never works for me.
Anyway. I don't really know what to say. I've been in a permabadmood for the past several weeks, so that's kind of weird and unfortunate. Throw in a dash (okay, definitely more like a quart) of sad bastard and it makes for a liz that noone really should want to be around.
But today, I'm actually feeling quite better for some reason. I guess things are just kind of ironing into place. Nothing has drastically changed except for my mood, though (and that still isn't completely up to par.) Maybe it's the fact that our cruise is only a week away, and so I'm just generally in a better mood knowing that in a week I'll be a million miles away, basically no worries other than getting too much sun (which is actually a huge concern.) You're talking to Miss Fair-Skin Queen of the World. I wear SPF 45 and still burn horribly. I'm come to terms with the fact that I will never be a bronzed goddess. I am pale. Porcelain, almost. Translucent, maybe. I mean, COME ON, I have to buy the lightest shade in makeup always--and sometimes it's too dark. So the sun is a major concern of mine. I have to find a wide brimmed hat. I'm thinking a cowboy hat would be fun. heh. To go along with the whole country girl road I've been headed down.
By now you should have picked up on how much I love Ryan. (If you haven't, then you seriously need to reevaluate about if you have an ounce of an idea about who I am.) I love this man's music and words so much. Sometimes he just KILLS me. I'm just amazed that one man can contain so much emotion and romanticism. (Yes, I know I am a total geek when it comes to music.) But I have been seriously obsessed with his solo stuff and with Whiskeytown. Lately I've been looking around and have been listening to a lot more down the alt-country and then country road. Which is a little strange for me because prior to say, 2002 when I would listen to country when hanging out with Tyler and the FH boys, I HATED it. And now I'm actually enjoying it. The alt-country stuff was really easy to get into, and I'm still not yet sold on the super-country-sounding stuff yet, but I'm easing my way into it. It's a little strange for me to say that I actually enjoy country music, but I'm doing it. heh.
In other noteworthy music related news, I've decided that Jacksonville Skyline could very possibly be my favorite song of all time. And that's HUGE. I can't ever pick an absolute favorite, so when I do, you should know that's its a big big deal. Like how David Gray's White Ladder is my absolute favorite album of all time.
There's a lot more that I could and would write about, but I feel pressure building at the base of my neck, which inevitably means a migraine is headed my way! Time to go ward it off and get some sleep.