this is actually from Sunday, March 19th, 2006. 3:14am.
late night musings.
My favorite time of day, and always has been, are those few moments before sleep when I'm lying in bed, the stress of the day has dissipated, and I'm completely relaxed and listening to my ipod. Recent ultimate relaxation playlist of choice: Explosions in the Sky. Has beat out White Ladder for the last week. Craziness!
My mom and I received a postcard in the mail from her friend Nancy last week. When we were in Atlanta in October we had met up with Nancy for lunch, and then she took us to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. I took a ton ton ton of photos, and they turned out quite nicely. We sent Nancy copies of these last month, and she sent a really nice note about how beautifully the photos turned out and how I have quite the talent as a photographer. It felt good to hear that I still have it in me, since it's been a while since I've been really serious about photography. I miss that creative outlet.
Another thing that I need to get back into is writing. I really think my senior year of high school was the pinnacle of my creativity--I won a couple of awards for my photography and for a poem that I wrote that year. Photography and writing are two things that were such a huge part of me, but they have been pushed to the side for a while. I am going to try to rekindle my talent in each.
I really need to start listening better and not jumping to conclusions. I've had too many misunderstandings lately.
I also need to get back on a decent sleep schedule.
Things (my perspective of things) are so much different in the early hours of the morning when I'm dead tired. I think it's a lot of incoherent rambling tonight, however. We'll blame it on the lack of sleep and the beer at the bar earlier.
I think that's it for now.