one moment closer
Sep 6, 2006
So I am irritated.

My ipod has been plugged into the computer today, charging, and I've been intermittently adding on various music. I get in the mood to listen to Jacksonville City Nights again; I was listening to it earlier on during the day. I search under my ipod for it, and it has disappeared from my ipod. It says that it's still on there, but with that little exclamation point next to it. My play counts and everything are still there, but I had to locate JCN (which was a feat in itself) and reload it on to my computer and my ipod. I'm really more irritated because now I have brand new play counts for it, and for some reason I'm really anal about my play counts. I don't like how it says 0, it needs to say 12 or however many listens I've given each respective song. It completely bothers me. I know it's incredibly anal and neurotic, but UGH. I guess it's my slight OCD tendencies popping up. But it also makes me wonder how much of my other music has disappeared and I have no idea about.

I'm also irritated because it was really nice outside today and I had cramps and felt like shit all day and did nothing but lie around. I never get cramps so when I do I feel like I'm dying.

In keeping with the irritation trend, I wanted to sit outside and enjoy my dinner on my patio. It's a gorgeous day, and I want to be able to enjoy that simple pleasure while I can because soon enough it'll be winter in Chicago. So I get out there, and I was attacked by a bee. He didn't sting me, but he chased me around and flew around my head, and since I was stung for the first time this summer and it hurt like a bitch I've developed a fear when they buzz around me. I was forced to bring my dinner inside.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little crabby today. hah. It feels good to vent though.

Lemme tell you though, JCN is really hitting the spot today. If this isn't one of the perfect fall albums, I don't know what is.

Positive things for today: Fallen Leaves: Oh Six was started today. Suggestions are welcome. Considering Fallen Leaves 05 wasn't completed last year, I'm going all out this year. Cover art and everything. The requisite David Gray and Ryan Adams will be on there, but all other suggestions are welcome. I've got a pretty decent list, but I'm trying to give it a little bit more of an indie spin. However, it's still pretty mellow, and there's a lot of alt country on there, but honestly, alt country just sounds so fall. It strikes that chord.

Not that I didn't have a good time when I saw Ryan and the Cardinals at Lolla, but I really wish that he had slowed down his set and had given it more of the Ryan sound that I love. He had really rocked it up, and while good, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I still need to see him a couple more times before I am satisfied. Give me the soulful depressed Ryan over a Rock Out Ryan any day.

So while technically I have seen Ryan, he's going back on the Must See list. My Must See list at the beginning of the year consisted of The Rolling Stones, Ryan Adams, Eric Clapton, and Neil Young. I saw the Stones in the beginning of the year, I saw Ryan at Lolla, and I'm seeing Clapton in 2 weeks. The only one left on there is Neil Young. It's quite impressive that I knocked all those groups off of my list in less than the span of a year, because they've been on that list for several years.

The end of the summer stretch has been good to me. I've been keeping very busy hanging out with various people. Hung out with Matt when he was in from Portland last month. Been spending a lot of time with Kristen. We went to the Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin and that was something new and interesting. It's so nice to be back to hanging out with her. I went to Waterfall Glen with Erin last week, and that was quite enjoyable to catch up with her and to get out into nature and do some hiking. I've been hanging out with Zack a lot and met all of his friends at his party over the weekend, and they are AWESOME. Definitely hope to hang out with all of them more. Had a lot of really good conversations with random people. Came back in touch with Kristina Perinat, and while I haven't talked to her since I randomly saw her, it was so nice to catch up briefly and attempt to make plans to hang out. Hanging out with Kristine again. Got back in touch with Blair and Jenny and Puja but haven't hung out with any of them yet. It's just so nice to have a big circle of friends again. In the past when I've just had that one or two people I hung out with all the time/talked to all the time, etc, and then things went on the fritz... it just wasn't that great. There's been a lot of crappy drama with some people this year, and I am very appreciative that I've got all these wonderful people back in my life. I sometimes unintentionally lose touch with people, and don't see everyone as often as I wish. Like Melissa and Brian and Val, and Blair, etc etc.

I really think that fall 06 is going to be the best fall I've had in some time. Wish lists for this fall: Fallen Leaves 06 to be completed. Haunted houses, corn mazes, apple picking, pumpkins, and Halloween parties.

I'm happy. And here comes the best stretch of the year.
posted by liz @ 7:26:00 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
::links
OBAMA yes, we can!
quiz only blog
Green Party
CommonDreams
Moveon.org
EnvironmentalDefense
Sierra Club
TomTomorrow
ExplodingDog
PostSecret
Ryan Adams
Answering Bell
Ozomatli
Chris Campbell
David Gray
Puerta del Sol
Madrid!







choose a color:

*gray* *blue* *gold* *green* *red** random