So I'm thinking of starting a music blog. It's an endeavor I've wanted to tackle for a while, and I'm at this point where I've decided I'm going to do everything I've wanted to do but have put off. Like salsa lessons. Have wanted to take them for about 8 years, and never have. On Tuesday I will be going to my first lesson.
Lately I've had a voracious appetite for music blogs. I cannot get enough. For hours I will read and read and read, finding blogs through blogs through blogs. Have discovered a ton of new music in the past year and a half this way, but for some reason, recently, this obsession of mine has become insatiable.
I read them daily. I've been reading some of these blogs for a long time; others, have recently found. I like checking them all daily for new posts so as not to fall behind, for one thing--it's really not a TON of reading then. Plus you never know what kind of gems will be posted next.
I was going to post a list of all the blogs I read daily, along with a synopsis of each one, but I'm much too tired, so that's another post for another day. Here's a few to whet your appetite:
http://www.canyouseethesunset.com/index.html newest one that I've found and LOVED. Especially because the blogger lives in Chicago and puts a local twist on many of the entries. Definitely in my top 3, and I just discovered it a few days ago!
http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/ this one is probably my favorite.
http://www.regnyouth.com/ full albums, rarities, EPs, live shows in a million different genres can be found here.
http://hypem.com Mecca of finding new blogs and the most recently posted music. Crawls blogs and compiles the mp3s posted as well as the post and blogs on which they were made.
These are the essential blogs. Immerse yourself, and find some new tunes. Ready, set, go!